[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.3.1″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” ul_line_height=”1.9em” text_orientation=”justified” text_font=”||||||||” ul_font=”||||||||” ul_text_align=”justify”]
Social media marketing is a cost-effective tool, which helps reach target audiences, increase sales, boost brand recognition, increase website traffic and conversions and improves search engine rankings.
Moreover, Two thirds of all growth in global advertising between 2017 – 2020 will come from paid search and social media advertising.
Deciding whether to advertise on Facebook or Instagram can be a difficult and sometime costly decision. Both platforms are great for advertising, but which is best for your business?
- 2.8 billion users.
- Originally developed to help family and friends stay in touch, but is now a powerful advertising channel for businesses
- All age groups are active on Facebook – most active are 25-34 year old men.
- Older generations are more active on Facebook than Instagram
- Facebook is optimized for both desktop and mobile, but smart phone access far exceeds desktop
- There are 11 types of adverts available including: slideshows, lead-generation, event response, driving page likes
- Younger audience than Facebook
- Launched 2010, bought by Facebook in 2012
- 111 million users worldwide and rising rapidly
- The home for visual storytelling and images of food
- Instagram has higher brand engagement
- Photo adverts perform the best on Instagram (video for Facebook)
- Smaller audience than Facebook – Instagram’s main audience is 18-34 year old men and woman
- Instagram is a mobile platform and lacks desktop performance – it was created to share experiences via mobile in real-time
- Less advertising options than Facebook (only 4) but the new Stories advert option is showing signs of being one of the best advertising mediums on social media.
In conclusion, it is worth incorporating both Facebook and Instagram into your advertising strategy as the combination can provide a great return.
You do need to be strategic about your advertising, here are a few tips to start:
1. SET YOUR OBJECTIVES
Set a few clear objectives each month that will show the return and tie into your overall business objectives, for example – run a campaign to promote a new set menu or drinks.
2. TREAT SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING AS AN INVESTMENT, NOT A COST
Expect a return on investment. Social media is great at driving ROI, whether it is more holistically tracked by general footfall or through digital tools, such as Google Analytics or Facebook pixel, to track conversions from social.
3. TARGETING IS KEY
Use the vast options in audience targeting to reach the right audience and narrow it down – it has never been as easy to get in front of your ideal customers
4. USE CALL-TO-ACTIONS
Social advertising (and all digital marketing) should be channeling users through to your website to learn more about your brand and convert. So, always include a calls to actions in your adverts such as view menu, see offer, book now
5. DO YOUR HASHTAG RESEARCH AND USE THEM APPROPRIATELY
Hashtags are the most trendy and very effective way to socialize or reach new people with the similar interest. When used properly, hashtags (# signs that help categorize social media content) make it easier for users to find related content. They can help increase the visibility of your messages and boost your social shares.
6. SHOWCASE YOUR RESTAURANT
High quality images and videos gain the most engagement – invest in quality not quantity.
7. HIRE PROFESSIONALS TO RUN YOUR SOCIAL ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
It takes time and costs money to learn the complex advertising system and various tactics yourself and you can make a lot of expensive mistakes. Using a professional will provide your business with almost immediate results!